The curriculum is based on the California Standards for Professional Educational Leaders (CPSELs) and is divided into the following six core courses:
- Shared Vision of Learning
- Culturallly Conscious Leadership
- Culture of Teaching and Learning
- Personal Ethics and Leadership Capacity
- Social, Political, Economic, Legal and Cultural Understanding
- Management of the School in the Service of Teaching and Learning
The coursework is designed to be:
- Engaging, thought provoking and reflective
- A place where a community of learners grow, reflect and interact with one another as they develop their own leadership style
- Moderated and facilitated by the program directors
- One in which your thinking about education and your role in it creates a new mindset and results in new effective behaviors approaches to the challenges facing schools.
The books used in the Bridges to Leadership - PASC Program are all researched based, current and would be found on most effective leaders' bookshelves.
Some of the authors include: Rick and Becky DuFour, Bob Eaker, Anthony Muhammad, Bob Marzano, Stephen Covey, Michael Fullan, Carol Anne Tomlinson, Grant Wiggins and Jay McTighe to name a few.
The curriculum in the Bridges to Leadership - PASC Program has all been developed from within the Madera County Office of Education along with input from consultants.
This ensures consistency in delivery, content and assessments used in each class provides an articulated and comprehensive approach in developing proficiency of the participants in the leadership standards.